Multicultural Playgroups in Gladstone and Rockhampton
Playgroups are an informal session where mums, dads, grandparents, carers, children and babies meet together each week in a relaxed environment. At Playgroup, families are given the opportunity to connect with other families in their local communities, to share knowledge, seek advice and gain invaluable support.
Gladstone: Every Friday from 9:30am to 11:30am (during school terms)
Rockhampton: Every Friday from 9:30am to 11:30am (during school terms)
Gladstone Neighbourhood Centre, 105 Toolooa Street
Umbrella Network, 254 Eldon Street, North Rockhampton
Free. Everyone with is children from 0 to 5 years old is welcome.
For more information: email@example.com | Mb.:0487 422 142
Next Date for Circle of Security: Commencing Wednesday 18th July 2018 in Rockhampton & Thursday 25th October 2018 in Gladstone
Next Date for 123 Magic: Commencing Tuesday 24th July 2018 in Gladstone
Register your interest in the form below and we will contact you with more information
Circle of Security Parenting Program
This program in Gladstone is an initiative delivered by Welcoming Intercultural Neighbours in Partnership with GAPDL Communities for Children and is part of the Family Support Program (FSP) which provides prevention and early intervention programs to families with children up to 12 years, who are at risk of disadvantage and who remain disconnected from childhood services. The initiative is delivered by GAPDL in partnership with the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
This program in Rockhampton is an initiative delivered by Welcoming Intercultural Neighbours in partnership with the Communities for Children Facilitating Partner Initiative Capricorn. Communities for Children Facilitating Partner Initiative Capricorn is funded by the Australian Government and facilitated by The Smith Family.
The Circle of Security is a relationship based parenting program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children.
The COS is a user-friendly, visually based approach to help parents better understand the needs of their children.
Learning Objectives of the program are:
• Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read the emotional needs
• Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
• Enhance the development of your child's self esteem
• Honor your innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure
Register by completing the form below.
For more information, contact the WIN office on 4903 1931 / 0487 422 142 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Circle of Security® Parenting program you can also check this link: http://circleofsecurity.net/about-us/
123 MAGIC™ & EMOTION COACHING
The course is sponsored by GAPDL Communities for Children and run by experienced facilitators. Parentshop has helped over 100,000 people. Our
trainers are highly experienced and qualified professionals with many years experience working with children and families.
The program will assist parent and carers resolve difficult behaviour in children 2 - 12 years old
Parents will learn:
• How to discipline without arguing, yelling or smacking
• How to sort behaviour
• How to handle challenging and testing behaviours
• Choosing strategies, the 3 choices model
• Using emotion coaching to encourage good behaviour
• Strategies for encouraging good behaviour
Register by completing the form below.
For more information, contact 4903 1931 / 0487 422 142 or email email@example.com.
For more information about the 123 Magic & Emotion Coaching program you can also check this link: http://www.parentshop.com.au
Useful Links - Families and parenting
- PPP Positive Parenting Manuals (Triple P Positive Parenting Program, sitemap)
- Circle of Security International
- Family Help Kits (Transcultural Mental Health Centre TMHC, Multicultural resources)
- Multicultural Health Communication Service (Campaings and projects)
- Khmer Child Protection Kit (Health translation, different languages)
- Child Family Community Australia
- Parenting in a new culture… …the preschool years
- The Australian parenting website
- Resourcing Parents Families NSW
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network